Select and buy a float switch online for your application. A float switch is a level sensor that is used to detect and monitor the level of liquid in a pond or tank. The most common application ...
Select and buy a float switch online for your application. A float switch is a level sensor that is used to detect and monitor the level of liquid in a pond or tank. The most common application is in a water tank. It is waterproof and floats on the liquid surface and will send a signal to a controller as it moves up and down based on the water level. Therefore, it can be used to monitor a pre-set level that is either set at the high point or low point in the liquid tank. When the float switch rises or lowers to the set-point, it then sends a signal to an additional device. Common additional devices are: an alarm (indicates to the user it was triggered), a pump (pumps more liquid in if the level is low), or a valve (opens an exit hole for the liquid if there is too much). A plastic float switch is simple to use, install, and wire for numerous types of liquid level monitoring applications. We have a wide range of cable lengths, sizes, designs, sanitary or ATEX certified.
Float Switch Voltage
Our selection of electric float switches have a maximum of 250V. Therefore, they are suitable for common voltages like: 120V, 220V, and 240V.
Common Float Switch Uses
- Sump pump: A sump pump float switch can detect and actuate a pump to prevent too high of rising water in a sump pit.
- Water tank: A water tank float switch can help monitor and control the water level for portable water, rainwater, wastewater, and sewage applications.
- Water pump: A water pump and float switch often work hand in hand with the float switch sending a signal to the pump to turn on/off depending on the water level.
- Liquid tank: Any liquid holding tank, like a hydraulic tank, can utilize a float switch to monitor it's liquid level.
- Water well: A water well float switch is important to know how much water is left and to ensure that the well and pump are being used efficiently. Used for residential and agricultural purposes.
- Sanitary: Sanitary float switches are used for applications requiring no contamination, like potable water.
- Beverage: The beverage industry uses float switches for filling or emptying the bevage tanks
- ATEX: An ATEX float switch is certified to use to a potentially explosive atmosphere.
For additional information to select a float switch, read our technical article or contact customer support.