Sorry for the inconvenience.
No products found with current parameters. Try to reset filters.
G1/2'' PTFE 25bar NC Angle Seat Valve (Closes Ag. Flow) Stainless-Steel/Brass AL2
This stainless steel normally closed G 1/2" angle seat piston valve provides reliable shut-off control for gases and fluids. The seat and spindle seal are respectively PTFE. Suited from 0 to 25 bar and temperatures from -40 up to 200°C. The valve operates with compressed air of preferably 6 bars. Excellent flow rate thanks to the Y-shaped design. Tip: for fast liquid flows, select ‘closing against flow’ valves to prevent water hammer.
Order before 16:00 h, same day shipment
2 year warranty, Returns 14 days
This normally closed G 1/2" angle seat piston valve provides reliable shut-off control for gases and fluids. The main valve body is made of stainless steel with a seat and spindle seal of respectively PTFE. Suited for media from 0 to 25 bar and temperatures from -40 up to 200°C. The valve operates with compressed air of preferably 6 bars (min 4, max 10), a pneumatic 3/2 valve is required to control the air supply. Excellent flow rate thanks to the Y-shaped design. Tip: for fast liquid flows, please select ‘closing against flow’ valves to prevent the risk of water hammer.
- Very high cycle life compared to other on/off valves, such as solenoid valves or even electric ball valves
- Operates from zero bar
- Excellent flow characteristics thanks to the Y-shape and relatively unobstructed flow path
- Suitable for viscous media (typically up to 600 cSt)
- Less sensitive to contaminations than solenoid valves
- Robust design makes the AL2 suitable for a wide range of environments
- Mechanical indicator shows the valve position
- Fast actuation
- Compressed air and an extra pneumatic 3/2 valve required for operation
- Relatively large actuator compared with a solenoid valve
- Risk of water hammer. To prevent this: please select ‘closes against flow’ versions
The AL2 series is an extensive range of 2-way angle seat piston valves with a wide variation of materials, sizes and functions to suit a wide range of applications. They are characterized by excellent flow rates and can be used under though conditions. They are excellent alternatives to ball valves. They can be used in applications where the most standard solenoid valves would fail, such as thick, viscous, or even slightly contaminated media.
The valves are available in normally closed (NC) and normally open (NO) versions. They return to their rest (normal) position by spring force and change position by filling the control cylinder with compressed air of preferably 6 bars (between 4 and 10 bars). An extra 3/2 pneumatic (solenoid) valve must be used to control the air supply.
The valves are available in brass or stainless steel. The seat sealing is PTFE by default. Some versions have FKM seat seals, which is a more flexible material and provides improved sealing properties. The stainless-steel valves have a control cylinder of nickel-plated brass and can optionally be provided with a stainless steel control cylinder. Some versions have an aluminium actuator. The standard flow direction is in the same direction as the closing direction of the valve. When using liquids (not gases) at high flow velocities, there is a risk of water hammer. Using the valve in reverse direction reduces this risk, select if necessary valves that have the ‘close against flow’ designation.
Example of a reference number: AL2A-SPP-212-AG-C-20
- AL2: Series.
- A: Function. A = Normally closed, B = Normally open
- S: Housing. B = Red bronze (2-1/2"-3" brass), S = Stainless steel (1.4408)
- P: Seat seal. P = PTFE, F = FKM
- P: Primary spindle seal. P = PTFE, F = FKM, N = NBR
- 212: BSP thread size. Ex. 212 = G 2-1/2", 012 = G 1/2"
- A: Control cylinder. A = Aluminium, S = Stainless steel, B = Brass (nickel-plated when body is stainless steel)
- G: Control connection. Blank = G 1/8", G = G 1/4"
- C: Flow direction. Blank = closes with flow direction, C = closes against flow direction
- 10: Maximum pressure. 10 = 10 bar. Blank = 16 bar for brass and 25 bar for stainless steel